Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday

We went to breakfast meeting today. I love watching Violet interacting with other people. She has such a personality. She is definitely her own person. I'm reading a book right now called "Raising your spirited child" I'm shocked that the descriptions in it describe Violet to a T. They say it's about kids who are "more"....more intense, more passionate, more sensitive. She is definitely MORE. The first thing it says is to change the way you look at them from positive to negative. Instead of "she's so hyper and crazy" we could say "She's very curious and full of energy". I'm going to work on it. I think a lot of the way we describe her could come off as negative.

After that Grandma Holdaway came over for the day so I could go visit Mom at the hospital. What a big help. You can see here why we can't just leave the kids home with Paul. Mom looks way better today. They have given her shots to increase her white blood cells, 2 antibiotics every 12 hours, and were just starting a transfusion when I left this afternoon. As soon as her white cells get to 1,000 they will let her go home (they were only at 10 this morning)!

After I got home, me and Paul cooked some dinner. hung out with the kids and waited for Dalton to get home. There is nothing I love more than having all my kids home. (even thought the chaos makes me grumpy sometimes)

Here are some pics of Dalton before his scout camp out last weekend....





1 comment:

  1. Yes, thank goodness for Grandma Holdaway! And thank you for all your help while I was in the hospital. I might not have made it through without you being an advocate for me. Dalton looks like he's ready for anything.

    ReplyDelete