Friday, March 2, 2012

The Joys of Owning a Business

Man it has been a crazy week. I feel like I spent the whole thing in the car! A lot of running around for the business, which was good because we are finally on rotation with Provo City. We've been waiting since around October to get here. We are also on rotation with Springville City and we now have 3 state impound yards, 2 in Provo and 1 in Springville. In addition to the city rotations, we are on rotation with UCSO in Provo, Provo Canyon, Springville and all outlying areas around those 2 cities. Next we start working on the HP. They have a long waiting list. It's so cool to be a business owner but it also involves quite a bit of sacrifice. For instance, I can't leave the kids with Paul because he is always on call. Plus, Paul now works 2 full time jobs with the stress that comes with being the boss of both. Our evenings go by so fast sometimes it feels like we never see each other (work, dinner, dishes, baths, bed, wake up, repeat) But that's life and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are blessed!

Today is Dad's birthday. Me and the little kids took him some cinnamon rolls and gave him a hug this  morning. We won't go over again for a few days. This is the week that Mom's blood cells get really low and it is too worry some that she might get sick. We don't want that, even though that is where I want to spend all of my time lately.

We went to the fights at Jeff and Teri's tonight. Even Dalton came, he is usually with his Mom on Friday nights. I love going places as a whole family. It doesn't happen very often. Their Granddaughter, Kaylee, is a couple months older that Violet. They have fun playing until Violet gets too rough. I hope she grows out of that soon. It is getting better. Jeff and Teri also have a son named Dalton. It's funny to go "hey Dalton" when they are together.

Well that was a long post since I haven't had time to post all week. Hopefully things settle down so I can post more often. 

Me and my three kids...Violet, Dexter, and Girl. Girl is part of the family now. She goes everywhere with us.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. You've never mentioned "Girl" to me before. I know she goes where ever Violet goes but I didn't know she had a name. It's nice to have another girl in the family.

    ReplyDelete