Saturday, June 30, 2012

Family Reunion!

I decided last minute to go down to Tropic for the Pollock reunion. I got everything ready Friday and had the car packed and ready to go Friday night. I was up at 5 to be ready to be on the road by 6. I put the little kids in the car in their jammies thinking that they would just go back to sleep. Violet stayed awake ALL day. It was a good ride with the kids. We only stopped once for a potty break and gas. We got to the campground in time for the kids games. Violet is funny lately she gets really nervous or shy around new people. She just froze up during the egg/spoon game. I think her favorite thing of the day was tether ball. We had the big lunch with the family and then did the raffle. Violet had 6 of her 10 kids tickets pulled. Dalton put all of his tickets down for a hatchet and didn't win. I won( in the silent auction) the last crocheted blanket made by...let's see, my Great Aunt Cindy the late wife of Great Uncle Delon who is Grandma Clora's last living brother. I think I got all that right! Her grand kids who were in charge of the reunion were very emotional about the blanket. I almost felt too sad for them to keep it. After that Dalton got to go with the guys for the skeet shoot. Dexter had kind of a rough day being away from home so he finally took a nap and I just visited with Uncle Gordon and Mary, Aunt Shaunna & Frank and Mom & Dad. Violet played in the dirt and got dirtier than I have ever seen her. She loved it. Dalton did great at the skeet shoot. He took his own shotgun and ammo and even beat some of the grown ups at the shooting game they play. After all this we headed into town to find oue hotel room. We were pleasantly surprrised with a nicer and bigger room than we expected. King size bed for me and the littles and a pull out couch for Dalton. I sent him out for food while I bathed the littles. I say it all the time but Dalton is such a big help to me. Violet thought a hotel was so funny. She was saying "I want to go to my real home". She started to think it was fun after a while. SO after all the kids were fed and in bed, I went out for a run. Me and D were going to watch a movie when I got back. I got scared of the dark and cut it short and they were all out cold in the big bed when I got back. So cute! In the morning we went to the cemetery in Henryville to see the relatives ( I couldn"t find Grandma Clora, duh!) and then we stopped by Uncle Gordon's property to visit before we hit the road. We got home around 3 in the afternoon to spend the rest of father's day with Paul. And now we know that a picture really does tell a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment