Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh Violet!

I am struggling with Violet a lot lately. We have these great power struggles where I forget I'm the one who needs to keep it together. And I forget that it's not about winning with her. I try all kinds of tricks that I have learned or read about then, I just end up yelling or spanking. Or both. Mostly yelling. Then I tell her not to hit me and not to scream at me and I realize how I sound like a hypocrite. I don't want to do it anymore. She's starting to run away when I yell. Time to start acting as if. As if I am patient. As if I don't yell at my kids. As if I have mad parenting skills. As if I am the toddler whisperer. As if I remember what it's like to be almost three. As if I have all the time in the world, just for her. She deserves it. She's incredible. (she told me so tonight!) Look at her.....






No comments:

Post a Comment